Pick your poison! Get connected to efforts to grow and defend People’s Park.
Here are a few of the groups organizing to sustain People’s Park for future generations. Public meetings are hppening frequently in the park, and there are many ways to get involved!
People’s Park Council
A group which coordinates several fronts to protect and defend the park, including legal advocacy, information production, and direct actions.
Connect with People’s Park Mutual Aid via Instagram:
Other Closely Connected Groups
- East Bay Food Not Bombs - serves fresh vegetarian meals at the park almost every day at 3PM.
- Berkeley Copwatch - founded out of People’s Park in the 90s, Copwatch provides support to those experiencing police harassment or violence and advocates to defund BPD
- POOR Magazine/Prensa POBRE - Home of the Poverty Skolas; Black, Brown, and Indigenous-led media and organizing
- Consider The Homeless - grassroots group which does streets outreach and advocacy
- Where Do We Go Berkeley? - provides material support and advocacy with encampments
- Community Liberation Programs - socialist group who organizes at the park
- Long Haul Infoshop - public community center with connections to park (and home of the chainsaw that defended the park in 1991)
- United Front Against Displacement - tenant and community organizing to resist capitalist displacement
The People’s Park Historic District Advocacy Group is involved in a lawsuit to stop or slow UC development on the park.