Pick your poison! Get connected to efforts to grow and defend People’s Park.
Connect up! Here are a few groups organizing to sustain People’s Park for future generations:
Follow the park movement on IG for updates & events:
Other Closely Connected Groups
- East Bay Food Not Bombs - serves fresh vegetarian meals at the park almost every day at 3PM.
- Berkeley Copwatch - founded out of People’s Park in the 90s, Copwatch provides support to those experiencing police harassment or violence and advocates to defund BPD
- POOR Magazine/Prensa POBRE - Home of the Poverty Skolas; Black, Brown, and Indigenous-led media and organizing
- Consider The Homeless - grassroots group which does streets outreach and advocacy
- Where Do We Go Berkeley? - provides material support and advocacy with encampments
- Community Liberation Programs - socialist group who organizes at the park
- Long Haul Infoshop - public community center with connections to park (and home of the chainsaw that defended the park in 1991)
- United Front Against Displacement - tenant and community organizing to resist capitalist displacement
The People’s Park Historic District Advocacy Group is involved in a lawsuit to stop or slow UC development on the park.